Beneficiaries of the Project: 800 businesswomen, representatives of business support organizations and financial institutions, business development experts of 13 regions of Kazakhstan, plus 3500 on line visitors at designated e-platform.
Amount invested: 80,000 euro
Number of employees engaged in the Project: EBRD SME Finance & Development Team, external subcontractor
The purpose of the project: support the development of women’s entrepreneurship in the regions of Kazakhstan.
- motivation of women in business for new successes
- improving business skills and building a work-life balance
- familiarization with business support and financing programs
- exchange of experience and development of cooperation between the participants
- increase gender awareness
WECON conference is an innovative format of events aimed at supporting women’s entrepreneurship. The project was initiated to develop the economic potential of women’s business in the regions of Kazakhstan. In 2018-2019 WECON conferences were held in 13 cities: Karaganda, Kostanay, Shymkent, Ust-Kamenogorsk, Aktobe, Atyrau, Aktau, Petropavlovsk, Pavlodar, Taraz, Kokshetau, Taldykorgan and Kyzylorda.
Project implemented through:
- storytelling from women in business (failures and successes)
- panel discussion from representatives of business support organizations and financial institutions
- networking session
- business workshops
- whatsapp chat for sharing experiences and cooperation of participants
- public speaking sessions for the preparation of speakers
- open access videos from the conferences
- motivational articles in the media on women’s entrepreneurship.
Access to skills development:
Women entrepreneurs of 13 regions of Kazakhstan received updated business knowledge and skills.
Access to financing:
Direct dialogue of women entrepreneurs with the second-tier bankers and microfinance organization in the regions in the Q&A format. More than 70 requests for EBRD business advisory received in the regions.
Access to best practices and networking:
Women inspired with 19 successful case studies of women leaders in their region, and strengthened their business networks total 800 people gathered in 13 cities of Kazakhstan to create sustainable business ties and get recognition in the respective business communities.