The purpose and objectives of the project:
The purpose: to develop rural schools, reduce the gap in the quality of education through material and technical equipment of schools and create equal conditions for the professional development of teachers.
The objectives: material and technical equipment of rural schools with the status of a hub school and the consolidation of the educational resources to ensure equal access to quality education for rural pupils.
Implementation of the project:
In January 2022, Beeline Kazakhstan donated 2 billion KZT to the newly established “Kazakhstan Khalkyna” Foundation. The company was the only donor to insist that its allocation be directed towards a project chosen by the company itself. As one of the focuses of corporate social responsibility of Beeline is to support education, and since 2020, the company is implementing the 250+ program (provision of Internet in villages with small population), it was decided to allocate the contribution to the development of rural schools. The important thing is that the project to develop supportive schools promotes equal opportunities and provides rural children with access to a quality, competitive education.
The project was financed through the “Kazakhstan Khalkyna” Foundation with SEDP (Sustainable Education Development Fund) as the project operator. It had an ideal mix of stakeholders: NGOs, business and government. The Ministry of Education identified a list of schools, 17 in total. Eight of the schools on this list were fully refurbished with Beeline Kazakhstan funds.
Beeline has allocated 250 million KZT for the material and technical equipment of each of these schools.
1. Municipal Public Institution “Dossov Comprehensive School”, Katarkol village, Akmola Region
2. Municipal Public Institution “Markakol School No.1”, East Kazakhstan Region
3. Municipal Public Institution “Uritskaya secondary school No.1”, Kostanay Region
4. Municipal Public Institution “Secondary School No. 5”, Aksai, West Kazakhstan Region
5. Municipal Public Institution “General Boarding School No. 4” named after O. Zhanibekov, Turkestan Region
6. Municipal Public Institution “Multipurpose Kazakh Grammar School”, Ayagoz, Abay Region
7. Municipal Public Institution “General Secondary School No.1”, Ulytau, Ulytau Region
8. Municipal Public Institution “Y. Sikymov Secondary School”, Zhanssugurov village, Zhetysu province More than 20 employees were involved in the project from Beeline: CSR manager, financiers, technical specialists, compliance, security service, PR, top management.
What has been done as part of the project? New desks, vandal-proof chairs, interactive whiteboards, computers, STEM classrooms, art and TV studios, development zones, workshops, new gyms, canteens, and libraries have been renovated in the classrooms. Teachers receive training from NIS teachers, improve their school curricula and transfer knowledge to colleagues in other villages.
• improved to the standards of the best intellectual schools – 8 schools
• 4,656 children received new educational opportunities
• 280 classrooms were renovated
• The average expenses per pupil was 329,000 KZT.
“When the STEM lab and TV studio were brought in and set up for us, we honestly could not believe to our eyes. We felt cared for. It is awesome that they give us such opportunities! You wouldn’t find that in every city school today, but we have it in Markakol!” – Arujan Kabduali and Yenlik Samatova, 10th graders at Markakol School #1, said.
“We studied our needs, investigated how the learning process is organized, what is the level of teacher training. It took the whole autumn. In addition to the updated classes, we additionally received internships in various competencies for our teachers. The training will be held for 3 years. This is very motivating, it is good stimulus,” shared Gulmira Sembieva, director of Aksai school No. 5
Important: local manufacturers from Petropavlovsk, Pavlodar and Almaty were involved in equipping the schools. The equipment, robotics kits, ergonomic vandal-proof chairs with a lifetime guarantee from the manufacturer were purchased from foreign manufacturers. The company will keep in touch with the schools: we need to be sure that the equipment, new classrooms, laboratories, and studios purchased really function and develop children.
Additional InformationRelated Topics