The purpose and objectives of the project:
The project was aimed at expanding the range of working professions and providing opportunities for women in CCI Kazakhstan by opening new jobs in warehouses and training candidates who do not have Forklift Driver skills.
Our Women Forklift Operator Development Program is a focused initiative to promote gender diversity and empowerment within our company.
In 2022, we made significant progress by hiring two female forklift operators for the Astana plant, and this year we have expanded our efforts by hiring 8 more women for the Burundai and Astana plants.
In cooperation with the Company management, a work plan over “Train to plant” project was created.
The company intended to train and employ 10 female forklift operators.
The project duration is 4 months, and it consists of the following stages:
1. April – May. Spreading information about the project and drawing attention to it through various channels like Instagram and other websites designed to post vacant jobs. Finding providers of training services and signing a contract with the selected training center.
2. May – June. Telephone interviews with responding candidates, as well as candidates found through a direct search in hh.kz. One of the important criteria was the ability of candidates to drive a car. All candidates are considered for employment with no regard to race, color, national or social origin, ethnicity, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, political opinion.
3. June. ‘A Day at Plant’ – The final candidates are invited to the plant, where the Operations Manager, Warehouse Managers and HR team give a tour of the plant, talk more about the job and answer candidates’ questions. Next comes the interview.
4. The successfully interviewed candidates have job offers.
5. June. A 36-hour training, during which candidates receive theoretical and practical skills of driving a forklift. They also pass an exam to obtain driver’s license. Training is carried out at the expense of the company.
6. June-November. Internship under guidance of an experienced employee. There is a comprehensive onboarding plan developed, according to which students examine in detail the work of other departments and warehouse processes, as well as the requirements and goals to their own work. This onboarding program also includes the necessary internal trainings and introductory briefings.
7. November. A job of a forklift operator is offered to candidates who have successfully completed their internship.
Below are the statistics of 2 streams:
- Headhunter: 376 responds
- OLX: 2225 views
- Other websites: 75 calls
- Candidates: 35
- Finalists: 10
Within the project, more than 10 Company employees from different divisions were involved: HR Manager, HR Business Partner, Leading HR Specialist, Supply Chain Director, Operations Manager, Head of the Production Department, OHS Engineer, Storekeepers, Forklift Operators, etc.
As part of our commitment to support these women in their careers, we take full responsibility for helping them to advance in their careers by covering the costs associated with their certification and training. This ensures that they acquire the necessary skills and knowledge required to operate forklifts safely and efficiently.
The employees from the first program stream successfully passed the probationary period, showed themselves to be responsible, disciplined, fast learners, and very involved employees. To date, 2 of them have successfully completed their one-year terms and continue to work for the Company as Forklift Operators.
The employees of the Second Stream of “Train to plant” program currently undergo training in both of our locations.
By investing in their development, we aim to give these women the experience and confidence they need to excel in their role. This initiative not only opens up new opportunities for them in our organization, but also serves as an inspiration to others, demonstrating the potential for success in traditionally male-dominated areas.
We are proud to support our female forklift operators and believe that their contribution will help create a more inclusive and diverse work environment, driving innovation and growth for our company as a whole.Related Topics